The Great British Sewing Bee: The Skills is the second title in this brand-new, standalone series that celebrates dressmaking techniques. Building on the basics covered in The Great British Sewing Bee: The Techniques, this book includes chapters on:
- Preparation & pattern matching
- Working with different fabrics such as leather and lace
- How to take your sewing to the next level with finishes
- Specialist techniques including boning, swimwear and underwear
- Decorations & embellishments
Interspersed with expert tips and step-by-step illustrations, The Skills is an indispensable reference for intermediate sewers that will encourage you to take your dressmaking to the next level.