Lonely Planet: The world's number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet's South India & Keralais your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Float along Kerala's backwaters as the sun sinks behind whispering palms, hit the beach in Goa and watch incense-clouded evening processions around Madurai's joyful Meenakshi Amman Temple - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of South India & Kerala and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's South India & Kerala:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlightsand itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential infoat your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, food, drink, sport, politics
- Covers: Mumbai, Goa, Bengaluru, Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Andaman Islands and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's South India & Kerala is our most comprehensive guide to South India & Kerala, and is perfect for discovering both popular and off-the-beaten-path experiences.Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's India for an in-depth guide to the country.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017